Saturday 12 January 2013

Role Models

My parents were watching some sort of Ed Sullivan PBS old school thing to get money for the public broadcasters, and I got to thinking about how inane vintage pop is.  I am in no way shape or form saying radio music now is better, but that pop really has always been quite shallow.  I know that I'm a heathen because I've never been much of a Beatles fan.  They have their gems, yes, but repeating "she loves you yeah, yeah, yeah" doesn't really excite my womanhood. David Bowie on the other hand, had a fair influence on my tweens.  He's just a good old, androgynous time. 
It intrigues me that society hates on comical music that later becomes a popular phenomenon, and yet holds cookie cutter musicians at paramount place.
Some too-good-to-be-bad pop phenomena need to be flaunted.  Love her or hate her, Honey Boo Boo could revolutionize Amurica with her fresh, very real, and surprisingly deep insight to being a child in the modern world.
 All the world's a stage, biotches.

No comments:

Post a Comment