Saturday 15 September 2012

The Things I Do for Love

     I've always wanted to make a bento box for a special boy.  If you are unaware of the Japanese tradition, a girl makes a bento for her paramour to show her affection and cookery skills (don't worry, we don't all watch anime, we can still be friends).  Anyway, I've been wanting to try making a cake pop based desert for a while, and had just bought an adorable dinosaur container so here's what I came up with!
Cute, huh?  I honestly wanted to curl up and cry by the time I was finished.  It was more than 8 nerve racking hours over 2 days, but it turned out exactly as I'd hoped.  Except that the  salmon sashimi was next to impossible to dip in chocolate.
Here we are before the dreaded melting chocolate dripping.
     Yes'm, that is tempura shrimp make out of cake, chocolate, and Rice Crispies. Their stupid tails kept coming off in the chocolate so I did have to doctor a few attempts together.  For a girl that can never eat shrimp, they look pretty good.
     This is the sweet face of victory.  Savour it people.  I think I'll stick to cup cakes from here on out.


No comments:

Post a Comment