Saturday 3 October 2015

Jock Jams

Was anyone aware that the song Cotton Eyed Joe has a music video?  A friend and I were discussing the song, as one does, and I didn't think much more about it.  As I cleaned my room tonight, I got into the 90's music video part of YouTube and the suggested videos for Aqua's Barbie Girl included that infamous Cotton Eyed Joe.

For your viewing pleasure:



I do so, more than anything, want to have a Cotton Eyed Joe themed party.  Not country music, not red neck theme, just Cotton Eyed Joe themed.  Horse Rave.  It'll be the next big thing since ABC parties, I reckon.

Pulling wild rats out of your hair?  Sounds like my dream party time.  Who wouldn't want this?  And how about that Hill Billy Kurt Cobain lead singer?

Are you seeing it?  I see it.  The resemblance is uncanny.
Plus my favourite part is the subtle nod to the king of creeps, Beetlejuice.
Whatever you do, don't say Rednex three times.




No comments:

Post a Comment