Tuesday 9 August 2011

Vittles

     You know those Snickers commercials where 20-somethings turn into old people or angry old people when they're hungry?  I suffer from this affliction.  I often get a bit demonic for a variety of positive and not so positive reasons, but at work it's the worst because I still deliver excellent customer service; I just walk away with squinty, seething eyes of hell fire hatred. 
     One of the perks to my job is people often bringing in food to promote our bakeware department and cake decorating classes. 
     It depends on the day, but my fellow staff members never seem to eat the precious free treats.  I hold myself accountable for the generous person's feelings that brought the kind gesture, so people damn well better eat that shiet or nice people stop doing nice things without positive feedback.  Sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, when the food is free, I can eat like no other, but I need to be sure no one is watching.  Those cookies had been in the fridge for at least 2 days and no one had gone for them; they had icing for Christ's sake, even if they had fallen on the floor, I didn't know so it didn't matter(I'm occasionally a selective germaphobe).  The only problem, eating them before anyone else came in the break room.
               15 minutes to eat as many large sugar cookies as possible
                                                           Challenge accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment