Tuesday 27 September 2011

Identity Crisis

     Having a signature hairstyle can be a tad problematic.  If it isn't just right, it can be a total day wrecker.  I'm a perfectionist though, so one chunk of bang out of place sets me right off.  For the last few weeks, I've been contemplating a haircut, because my mane of luscious golden brown locks has grown far too thick.
     I've had a variety of short hairstyles before, but I love my flippy, curly-fronted 'do.  Pixie cuts, bobs, boy short, done it: what was I to do now that so many girls are opting for shorter hairs while still maintaining ever coveted individuality?  It raises the question why be tied down to one hairstyle?  Heck, girls are shaving half their heads now a days, what I want is way less crazy.  Anyway, girls put way too much importance into their hair, it becomes a protective shield we hide behind to cling on to our femininity.  I say eff dat shiiieeet!  Wear a dress, slap on some makeup goddamn it! 
     I forgot I have bone structure, the greatest gift from our ancestors aside from good, strong teeth.
       Like it or not, half my hair is a pixie cut and one side of my face is real cold now.
In the wise words of Chef, "There is a time and a place for everything.  It's called college."

No comments:

Post a Comment